Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBS-Online General Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The letter is fake.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

Credits : 11052
Rep : 0

The letter is fake. Empty
PostSubject: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:10 pm

"Re: https://bbs-onlinepk.forumotion.com (“the Website”)
I represent Jagex Limited, developer and publisher of massively multiplayer online games, including RuneScape.

Jagex Limited (UK registered company number 03982706) is the exclusive owner of the copyrights in and to the RuneScape massively multiplayer online game, the associated www.runescape.com website and the text, artwork, logos and other material appearing therein, except where otherwise stated.

I hereby certify under penalty of perjury that I am authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner. The information in this notification is accurate. I have good faith to believe that the use of the copyrighted material on the Website has not been authorised by the owner, its agents or the law.

The website undertakes or facilitates information regarding the playing of an unauthorised version of our game which is a direct breach of the Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) associated with the RuneScape massively multiplayer online game. An excerpt from the T&C is quoted below to emphasize the breach of the intellectual property rights held by Jagex:
“You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).”
Such behaviour damages our game, and infringes our intellectual property and other legal rights.

Please immediately remove or disable all access to the Infringing Material and send us a written confirmation of all actions taken to the provided e-mail address within seven days.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Stakins
Liaison, Copyright & Intellectual Property

tel: +44 (0)844 588 6689
fax: +44 (0)844 588 6690

copyright@jagex.com
www.jagex.com | www.runescape.com"

"I represent Jagex Limited, developer and publisher of massively multiplayer online games, including RuneScape."
Bull **** because JaGex has only one MMO. Bogdan Stakins, if he exsists, wouldn't be ******* sending us a letter if he develops and publishes the game, he would be spending all his time updating rather than chase kids down.

I called the number listed. All I got was some British lady's voice mail saying leave a message after the beep. Not, This is JaGex limited press a bunch of buttons for what you want. (Whatever, I just thought of something quickly.)

If this was real, don't you think there would be a REAL signature? Like, instead of Bogdan Stakins being typed out, Wouldn't he sign a peice of paper with his real signature and then scan it and use it in this letter?

How would anyone know this is a RSPS?? It never says it on forums at all. The only way they would know is downloading and playing the game their self. Do you honestly think that a Publisher/Developer would go around downloading other peoples games to see if they're breaking some copy right on a server with less than 35 people ******* playing??

Honestly, I hope you guys would see but I know there are always people with their heads up their asses and refuse to change their view.
Back to top Go down
Blighted
Founder
Founder

Credits : 11859
Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:45 pm

They are English phone numbers Anus. UK registered company. Mod Stakins of RuneScape is a real person. It DID say it on the forums agreement page, had people read it thoroughly. Mod Stakins job is the Liason, copyright and intellectual property. He goes around finding servers and shutting them down.

JaGex have RuneScape, MechScape and the other FunOrb games as well.
Back to top Go down
https://bbs-onlinepk.forumotion.com
Blighted
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:45 pm

If it's such a fake, how did I receive email replies from this address?
Back to top Go down
the eternity

Credits : 10835

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Anus Humper, why don't you start your own server!?

Keep the forums open, subscribe to all search engines and make sure you make the game look a lot like the real runescape...

And when you recieve that letter, why would you not ignore it?
I would give it about 14 days, after deadline, before you recieve an actual paper letter from somekind of lawyer company, saying you are getting sued for breaking legal rights!

I dear you to do it, see how fake it is...

An old RSPS friend of mine got sued bad because he launched a 508 webclient, he got a warning first, from, guess who? Bogdan Stakins!
He ignored the message, and I haven't seen him or his 508 client on the internet ever since.

About the signature...
If he would place the signature in the letter, people could copy it and use it all over the internet! Have you ever seen a real signature, made with pen, online? If so, show me with some links.

And again, Jagex has a specific staff to do things such as investigating the contents of possible RSPS websites!

So if you keep thinking that it was a fake, then please leave because you know BBS won't come back!

Sincerely,
Mike
Back to top Go down
Blighted
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Actually Mike the deadline, I believe, is 7 days
Back to top Go down
the eternity

Credits : 10835

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 pm

i know, i ment 14 days after that deadline of 7 days
Back to top Go down
Blighted
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Ahhhh.
Back to top Go down
Rakvald
Founder
Founder
Rakvald

Credits : 12600
Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

not fakes, that is why it was shut down,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The letter is fake.   The letter is fake. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The letter is fake.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General-
Jump to: