Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBS-Online General Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, Forums got deleted..

Go down 
+9
Victor
xtc is ftw
Blighted
a lifes work
Cat Stevens
Remmi
WWWOwner
Die13245
Anus Humper
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

Credits : 11052
Rep : 0

Well, Forums got deleted.. Empty
PostSubject: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:03 pm

The forums where deleted by Blighted when he recieved this letter by "jagex". We know it's fake now.
To whom it may concern;

Re: https://bbs-onlinepk.forumotion.com (“the Website”)
I represent Jagex Limited, developer and publisher of massively multiplayer online games, including RuneScape.

Jagex Limited (UK registered company number 03982706) is the exclusive owner of the copyrights in and to the RuneScape massively multiplayer online game, the associated www.runescape.com website and the text, artwork, logos and other material appearing therein, except where otherwise stated.

I hereby certify under penalty of perjury that I am authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner. The information in this notification is accurate. I have good faith to believe that the use of the copyrighted material on the Website has not been authorised by the owner, its agents or the law.

The website undertakes or facilitates information regarding the playing of an unauthorised version of our game which is a direct breach of the Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) associated with the RuneScape massively multiplayer online game. An excerpt from the T&C is quoted below to emphasize the breach of the intellectual property rights held by Jagex:
“You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).”
Such behaviour damages our game, and infringes our intellectual property and other legal rights.

Please immediately remove or disable all access to the Infringing Material and send us a written confirmation of all actions taken to the provided e-mail address within seven days.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Stakins
Liaison, Copyright & Intellectual Property

tel: +44 (0)844 588 6689
fax: +44 (0)844 588 6690

copyright@jagex.com
www.jagex.com | www.runescape.com
Back to top Go down
Die13245

Credits : 10757

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 am

Obvious fake.
Back to top Go down
WWWOwner

WWWOwner

Credits : 10780

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:15 am

Die13245 wrote:
Obvious fake.
Not really, it was worded well. But I wish we would've figured this out sooner.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwcodwawclan.smfforfree3.com
Remmi
Post Master
Post Master
Remmi

Credits : 12122
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:23 am

so what happened entirely?
Back to top Go down
WWWOwner

WWWOwner

Credits : 10780

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:34 am

Remmi wrote:
so what happened entirely?
nothin much. he just got this fake letter and deleted the forums and shut down the server.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwcodwawclan.smfforfree3.com
Remmi
Post Master
Post Master
Remmi

Credits : 12122
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:57 am

thats alot. -.-
Back to top Go down
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:42 am

After talking to Blighted about the server disapearence he told me he deleted it and got a letter from Jagex. I asked him how they spelled Jagex and he told me that he should have noticed that it was not "JaGex" but rather it was "jagex" Then after a little research I learned that copies of this letter or atleast the name "Bogdan Stackins" was on all of them so it was hard to tell whether it was fake and then I noticed the phone number listed so I called it and that number doesn't exsist so it's a fake.
Back to top Go down
Cat Stevens
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Cat Stevens

Credits : 12297
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:35 am

Are the server files still here?
Back to top Go down
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:54 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Cat Stevens
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Cat Stevens

Credits : 12297
Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:55 am

FML
Back to top Go down
a lifes work

a lifes work

Credits : 10800

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:14 am

So basically, the servers dead, and even if it were to come back, our server files are lost, so we'd have to start again anyways?
Back to top Go down
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:15 am

Thats correct, a lifes work.
Back to top Go down
a lifes work

a lifes work

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:18 am

ok, thanks. As it happens I had kind of quit for a short period of time, however it's a real shame that this has happened, it was a good server, the first P server that I really enjoyed, I'll miss BBS-PK.
Back to top Go down
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:19 am

Yes, I will too.
Back to top Go down
a lifes work

a lifes work

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:22 am

can I just ask, when exactly did this happen? because yesterday I logged on to BBS-PK, to see who was online, and to maybe go for a pk, no one was online so I logged off. This disaster must have happened fairly recently?
Back to top Go down
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:25 am

Yes.. Probably around noon eastern USA time.
Back to top Go down
Blighted
Founder
Founder

Credits : 11859
Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 pm

The letter wasn't a fake. I replied to the message a few times. One of them I said "Is this a fake?" And a reached an In-depth lecture on people faking Jagex's letters.

Definately not another server.
Back to top Go down
https://bbs-onlinepk.forumotion.com
xtc is ftw

Credits : 10908

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:00 pm

well honestly i think you guys should have discussed this before deleting coz even if u didnt know we had a week to discuss
Back to top Go down
Victor

Credits : 10744

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:44 pm

i had 2 times bunny ears now its all gone Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Anus Humper

Anus Humper

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Dude, it was fake. I called the number listed and it didn't work. It's even the same as the fax# except for the last number, 89 and 90...
Back to top Go down
The cheapsky

Credits : 10781

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 pm

this sucks.

Last edited by The cheapsky on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The cheapsky

Credits : 10781

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 pm

but isnt there a mod known as mod stakins or whatever? in the real runescape.
Back to top Go down
Blighted
Founder
Founder

Credits : 11859
Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I think so yeah
Back to top Go down
https://bbs-onlinepk.forumotion.com
Private Bob4
Post Dooche 500+
Post Dooche 500+
Private Bob4

Credits : 12890
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:52 pm

No offence, but if you guys aren't smart enough to go to jagex.com, and see that there is no "copyright@jagex.com" listed in the contact list then that is just sad.
Back to top Go down
http://Privatebob4.webs.com
the eternity

Credits : 10835

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:36 pm

@ Die12345,
Good to see you again, even though you hacked the Unscape forums, the new ones...
But the letter is real, this is not the first private server to get this message.

@ WWWOwner,
The letter is real, Unscape, Dodian, and much more servers had recieved the same notification.

@ Anus Humper,
Officially, Jagex stands for Java Game Experts, so if they would mind the capitals it would be JaGEx... But the company name remains Jagex Ltd. Also, make sure you call the right international numbers, do some research about that on Google.

@ A lifes work,
BBS-Online was shut down before it even got the Abuse Notification, due to a lack of Donators to keep the VPS running. BBS-Online got closed on Saturday, September 5th 2009 GMT+1 Timezone(North-West Europian Union).

@ Victor,
I was the best player of BBS, 3 bunny ears and over 1.5 Billion cash on my bank, not to mension all the item value... You're not the only one that lost a lot. Plus, the last server I played got shut down by Jagex aswell, know what I lost?;
-Number 1 Overall rank;
-Number 1 Firemaking rank;
-Number 1 Woodcutting rank;
-All Skills maxed out;
-3rd Highest Donator at all times rank (100 US Dollars);
-Global Moderatorship, In-game and forums;
-A Massive party, that was supposed to be launched a day before it got shut down, it was also the day before my Birthday.
-Hundreds of friends.

You can ask all old Unscape players about this, start with Dick and Blighted.

@ Anus Humper, (2)
Fax and Phone numbers are often close to the same.

@ The Cheapsky,
Indeed there is, he has been seen in RuneScape several times.

@ Private Bob4,
That is because copyright@jagex.com is not the prime contact adress, if people are interested in knowing more about their copyrights, they can be linked through to copyright@jagex.com.

DOES THAT ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS!?

@ EVERYBODY,
The rumour that the Copyright Claims by Jagex are a fake, originally came from Rune-Server. I quote from multiple people that used to own huge private servers:

Old RSPS Owners wrote:
Rune-Server are idiots, they think they're untouchable but when they recieve a letter such as this one, they will probably remove their content within a minute.

Also, if the letters are fake, made by some hacker, then the response of Blighted should still be sent to Jagex. If the letters are fake, Jagex would have no idea about it and would ask some questions in return. If the letters are real(which they are) then Jagex would send an actual and accurate response(which they did, twice!).

Now please guys, stop blaming Blighted for this, if you can't handle this then maybe it's time you quit the RSPS world forever and start playing the real RuneScape again! Because with behaviour such as this, nobody will miss you in the RSPS world.

Sincerely,

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Forums got deleted..   Well, Forums got deleted.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, Forums got deleted..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General-
Jump to: